Beyond Beans Foundation
Location: Accra, Ghana
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementing partner of ETG trading company for sustainable cocoa programs, that are developed with and for industrial chocolate makers. In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in West Africa, cocoa suppliers and program partners we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive to empower women, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based out of the Netherlands and has 5 subsidiaries in West Africa: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Nigeria and Cameroon. With our international and driven team of 100+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities and a healthy environment.
We are looking for a Project Manager for Community Development in Ghana. You will supervise the implementation of our community development programs, including child labour monitoring systems, (women) savings groups, women empowerment projects, income generating activities and other community development initiatives. As a Programme Manager Community Development, you will mainly manage the execution and upscaling of programme activities carried out in Ghana. You will also manage the Beyond Beans Field Operations Team in Ghana. This involves close collaboration with our partner LBCs and implementing NGOs.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and scale up a digital Child Labour Monitoring Tool with our partner cocoa suppliers.
- Setting up and implementing child protection programs (like VSLA-CHILD, education, etc.), women empowerment and other community development programs in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like ICI, WCF and the Ghanaian government.
- Manage the field team; of which 1 supervisor and a team of 30+ data collection officers.
- Monitor progress of project activities in the field with our partners.
- Report to clients and partners on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs, which includes data management and reviewing.
- Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, client representatives and project partners.
- Develop co-funding opportunities and program up-scaling with new partners.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An academic degree in community development or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience in project management and/or commodities and experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- At least 2 years of experience in a managerial role
- Experience with (digital) data collection tools, data quality checking & analysis
- Proficient in using Excel
- A flexible and passionate worker
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and relationship management
- Good reporting skills (report writing, contract management, budget analysis)
- You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
- Fluent in English (Twi is a plus)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over the Netherlands (Amstelveen) and West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo and Cameroon). In Ghana, you will be working with a team of 6+ at the office in Accra, and a 70+ strong field team across the country. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team in Amstelveen, other origin teams and work in close collaboration with our sector partners and cocoa suppliers.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 20th January 2023. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.