Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of international commodities trader ETG for sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew. We are currently working with 70,000 farmers from ETG’s supply chains across West and East Africa and Latin America, developing programmes with and for industrial clients. In close cooperation with our sustainability teams in origin countries, commodity suppliers and programme partners, we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, help communities to tackle child labour, strive to empower women, support income diversification, and protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts.
Beyond Beans is based out of the Netherlands and our core programmes and activities are implemented through subsidiary foundations in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Togo and Ecuador. The Foundation’s rapidly expanding 100+ FTE operational team consists of a multidisciplinary team of project managers and field staff with experience in a wide range of topics, from tackling child labour to climate-smart agroforestry and promoting gender equity.
Beyond Beans is looking for Project Coordinator Certification to oversee the execution of the certification activities across our supplier network.
The certification coordinator is expected to work in close coordination with the other certification coordinators under the supervision of the Standard and Assurance manager.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Set up and execute a schedule of Certification activities by supplier
- Monitors the proper implementation of the standards in cooperatives and purchasing centres
- Analyses the data collected in the field on a weekly basis
- Ensures that documentation related to the Standard is in place with the IC or ADG
- Performs pre-audits and accompanies corrective actions
- Follows up on the audits in the cooperatives
- Ensures that all RFA/FT/etc. cooperatives have collected all polygon mappings and all information necessary for the creation of registers
- Ensures proper traceability
- Ensures the archiving of all documentation related to the audits of cooperatives
- Ensures the completion of templates for the centralisation of client/cooperative Trains the staffs of the Coops on the objectives of the Standard
- Work in close collaboration with regional coordinators to supervise the work of field staff (CIs, trainers, Tas)
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over the Netherlands (Amstelveen), West and East Africa (Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Cameroon, Togo and Uganda), and Ecuador. In Côte d’Ivoire, you will be working with our team at our office in Abidjan as well as in the field. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team in Amstelveen.
Qualities we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in certification related activities, with at least 1 year in a Team Lead position.
- Experience managing certification activities in a rural context.
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to identify risks and proactively solve problems.
- Good analytical skills to elaborate moderately complex database
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced working environment.
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer a competitive package substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. Work status 40 hours per week, based in Abidjan.
Please fill in the below form. For any questions, please contact email@example.com