The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of international commodities trader ETG for sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew. We are currently working with 100,000 farmers from ETG’s supply chains across West and East Africa and Latin America, developing programmes with and for industrial clients.
In close cooperation with our sustainability teams in origin countries, commodity suppliers and programme partners, we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, help communities to tackle child labour, strive to empower women, support income diversification, and protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts.
Beyond Beans is based out of the Netherlands and our core programmes and activities are implemented through subsidiary foundations in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Togo and Ecuador. The Foundation’s rapidly expanding 100+ FTE operational team consists of a multidisciplinary team of managers and field staff with experience in a wide range of topics, from tackling child labour to climate-smart agroforestry and promoting gender equity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic storyteller and communications professional to join our team in The Netherlands. With a wide range of activities taking place in our growing number of origin countries, we require a coherent communication strategy that provides a clear understanding of our work both internally and externally. In collaboration with our commercial team that deals with clients, our programme team focused on implementing sustainability projects, and our existing marketing and communications team, you will be the person who leads the implementation of our Marketing and Communication strategy across all the sustainability work happening at ETG and Beyond Beans.
Your day-to-day work will involve a variety of activities, from writing annual sustainability reports for clients, in-depth market articles on specific sustainability projects in origin countries, and more creative blog-style articles for the website, to working with graphic designers to develop infographics, leading photography collection in the field, and overseeing our social media platforms. You will also be involved in managing the implementation of our new branding and the creation of our new website.
Marketing and Communications involves much more than producing high-quality content; it also requires an understanding of and interest in sustainability topics so that you can accurately communicate the sector’s latest developments.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of our new branding and Marketing and Communications strategy, ensuring that this is consistent across all documents and sustainability communications developed at Beyond Beans and ETG level.
- Manage the development of our new website in line with our new brand and sustainability strategy.
- Write and edit in-depth articles on our sustainability projects.
- Write and edit annual reports for sustainability clients.
- Oversee the development of marketing materials for fundraising purposes.
- Collate and write weekly and quarterly internal sustainability newsletters.
- Structure our content collection processes for photography, videography and farmer stories.
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over the Netherlands (Amstelveen), West & East Africa and Latin America. You will be based in Amstelveen, reporting to the Head of Sustainable Cocoa and working closely with our HQ team of Programme Managers. You will also be directly supervising two colleagues in the Marketing and Communications team in The Netherlands. Internationally, you will work in close collaboration other staff in the origin country teams.
Qualities we are looking for
- An academic degree in Communications, Journalism, International Development, Sustainability, or related field.
- 3-5 years proven work experience in a Marketing and Communications position.
- Excellent English-language writing record demonstrated in a professional portfolio.
- Graphic design skills. Experience working with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Project management experience, proven ability to work together with different partners and external stakeholders on (communications) projects.
- A flexible attitude and strong time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
- Some people management experience – you will be directly managing two people in the Marketing and Communications team.
- A genuine interest in topics surrounding sustainability, community development, environmental protection, agriculture, and corporate social responsibility.
- Native or fluent in English. French and/or Spanish are an advantage.
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and many other benefits, as well as substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities.
Your work will directly contribute to bringing a positive change to farmer’s livelihoods and the environment. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Amstelveen, the Netherlands with some travels to the field (at least 1-2 times per year).
How to Apply:
Please fill in the form below and upload your motivation letter, CV, and a portfolio of some of your work by July 17th.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org