- Location: Amstelveen, Netherlands. Hybrid working is possible
- Sector: Agriculture / Commodity Trading
- Field of Expertise: Finance
- Work Experience: 3+ years
- Reporting to: Global Finance Manager, based in Amstelveen, Netherlands
- Working fluency of English and Dutch is required
- Work Status: 32 – 40 hours per week
We are seeking a Finance Officer to complement our existing finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an international context within a fast-growing and dynamic environment focused on sustainable commodity trading operations. This trading is focused on cocoa and cashew, with coffee and other commodities starting to grow. As part of our team, you will have the chance to contribute positively to the organisation’s sustainability activities around the globe.
The role provides ample scope to showcase your initiative in process improvements and offers opportunities to learn cross-border/international financing, with our Dubai office, West Africa, and South American operations rapidly expanding. Join our fun and dynamic team, and enjoy growth opportunities as well.
You will be working mainly in the office in Amstelveen under the supervision of the Global Finance Manager. Together you are managing the global finances of Beyond Beans. In commodity-origin countries, you will be supported by local finance teams.
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of international commodities trader ETG for sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew. We are currently working with 70,000 farmers from ETG’s supply chains across West and East Africa and Latin America, developing programmes with and for industrial clients. In close cooperation with our sustainability teams in origin countries, commodity suppliers and programme partners, we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, help communities to tackle child labour, strive to empower women, support income diversification, and protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts.
Beyond Beans is based out of the Netherlands and our core programmes and activities are implemented through subsidiary foundations in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Togo and Ecuador. The Foundation’s rapidly expanding 100+ FTE operational team consists of a multidisciplinary team of project managers and field staff with experience in a wide range of topics, from tackling child labour to climate-smart agroforestry and promoting gender equity.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Execute financial transactions and manage bookkeeping for the foundation in the Netherlands.
- Oversee accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledgers, and cost accounting.
- Support Finance Managers in the foundation’s sub-entities in West Africa with their daily finance tasks and monthly reporting.
- Assist in streamlining working procedures across different commodity-origin countries.
- Consolidate financial reporting for all Beyond Beans entities.
- Prepare month-end reports for management and shareholders, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Assist in creating financial reports for donors and funders such as RVO, IDH, and GIZ.
- Coordinate the annual establishment of operational budgets with country representatives and program managers.
- Support financial exercises for funding proposals.
- Identifying and recommending changes in policies or procedures that will enhance financial performance and growth.
Qualities We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance or business administration
- Minimum of 3 years of finance experience, including independently managing a financial caseload.
- Passionate and ambitious worker.
- Self-starter with a versatile mindset; capable of executing simple tasks and managing large portfolios.
- Analytical, accurate, and efficient, with keen problem-solving abilities.
- Innovative and driven to continuously improve projects and procedures.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Right to work in the Netherlands is required – preference will be given to those already living in the Netherlands.
The salary for this position ranges from EUR 42,000 to EUR 46,000 annually, based on full-time employment.
Please fill in the below form. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org