Beyond Beans Foundation
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of international commodities trader ETG for sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew. We are currently working with 100,000 farmers from ETG’s supply chains across West and East Africa and Latin America, developing programmes with and for industrial clients. In close cooperation with our sustainability teams in origin countries, commodity suppliers and programme partners, we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, help communities to tackle child labour, strive to empower women, support income diversification, and protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts.
Beyond Beans is based out of the Netherlands and our core programmes and activities are implemented through subsidiary foundations in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Togo, and Ecuador. The Foundation’s rapidly expanding 200+ FTE operational team consists of a multidisciplinary team of managers and field staff with experience in a wide range of topics, from tackling child labour to climate-smart agroforestry and promoting gender equity.
ETG | Beyond Beans is seeking a seasoned HR consultant to conduct a gap analysis of current HR structures and develop a priority improvement plan. The consultant will be responsible for implementing improvements identified in the analysis with the goal of improving the smooth execution of ETG | Beyond Beans’ in-country activities, while ensuring compliance with Ivorian law, the company’s values, and industry best practices.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse current HR related initiatives make an inventory and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct internal surveys to gather employee feedback and identify areas of improvement.
- Design HR Policy and SOP Manual to enable clear definition of structures and management of Beyond Beans Foundation and ETG staff.
- Develop an employee handbook.
- Design and implement various HR documentation and forms needed to collect and maintain staff/personnel data.
- Design recruitment protocols and talent retention protocols.
- Review onboarding process and suggest improvements.
- Review employee’s contracts considering legislation update and competitive landscape.
- Co-ordinate the development of a remuneration and benefits structure, including job competency and skillset for the different roles
- Create alignment in HR Compensation Policy i.e., allowances, bonuses, and health-care provision for staff pay-rolled.
- Assist Finance Manager with monthly payroll administration for Beyond Beans staff by providing advice.
- Review performance evaluation methods (e.g., employee appraisal systems).
- Ensure Beyond Beans Foundation is fully compliant with country labour regulations.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience as an HR consultant for 5+ years in an international organization.
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, functions, methods, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of research methods and analysis.
- Ability to strategize and formulate strategic and practical plans to address human resource matters.
- Ability to quickly understand and adapts to new environment and company culture.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills in both French & English.
- Team player.
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources will be a plus.
Please send your application by filling in the form below and submitting your CV and a description of the methodology you will be using, workplan and financial proposal (max 3 pages) by the 22nd of January 2023 at the latest. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.